the woman problem

feminist cultural criticism and other provocations

6.28.2006

"fearless in their lust for designer shoes, jackets and jewelry"

Thanks j and b for introducing me to my new personal heroes. When it comes to designer clothing, a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do. If you happen to be a 6'5" black dude, you still need a pair of strappy heels for summer! The thing is, shoplifting isn't usually characterized by words like "crime ring," "brute force", "pack of thieves," and "reign of terror." But maybe that's because most shoplifters are teenage white girls. Whereas any group of black men -- even "very skinny, very flamboyant" drag queens in wigs and pumps -- must be a gang.

I am planning to adopt their strategy as my personal mantra: if you see something you like, don't stop until you have it. Bring on the reign of fashion! Oh, I mean terror...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home